The President of Lugaia USA answered ten personal questions about the company, what motivates him every day, and what he aspires to be in the future.
I am …
1. What did you want to be as a kid and why?
I first wanted to be a diver; technology and exploring the uncertain depths of the seas fascinated me as a child. But I ended up training as a mechanic and then studying mechanical engineering which ended up being a decision I never regretted.
2. How long have you been working for Lugaia and why?
I first encountered Lugaia through a mandate in 2019. I was immediately fascinated by Viktor Schnyder, Lugaia as a company, and their products. After completing the mandate, we soon agreed to incorporate and build up the Branch Office Lugaia USA.
3. What is your fondest memory of your Lugaia career?
- Winning the first US customer and closing the first project only 3 months after the founding of Lugaia USA
- The first personal meeting with Viktor and his team in Raron, Switzerland. Due to Covid, this was only possible 2 years after our first contact in May 2021. The first face to face meeting and experiencing Lugaia was very special and exceeded my high expectations.
4. What motivates you every day?
To be there for our customers and to work with a great and motivated team in Switzerland.
5. What is your future vision for the Lugaia company?
To exceed the expectations of our customers and to bind them to us in the long term! Growth - the US market offers huge potential.
6. Who or what excites and inspires you?
Entrepreneurial spirit, courage / boldness, and perseverance.
7. What do you still love about your job today?
Mastering new challenges every day and having fun doing it.
8. What do you draw strength from?
My family, my optimism and joy in life, good friends, the ocean, and spending time in nature
9. Do you have a life wisdom?
If you can dream it, you can do it! (Walt Disney)
10. If you could change something in the world, what would it be?
Eliminate greed from the human psyche.